You’ve probably heard a whole lot about the Perils of the Penguin…
The Google algorithm update recently trashed a lot of websites and businesses. According to the general concensus on Penguin, it now factors ‘bad’ backlinks as a penalty against your site. Bad backlinks are links on pages which are low or zero value.
So because of this, a lot of people are trying to get rid of the bad backlinks (wise move).
You want to get rid of the bad (very low quality) backlinks pointing to your site. It is also in your interest to get rid of the links on your site pointing to other sites which are either not relevant or low quality.
So if you receive an email requesting you to remove a link on your site, it is a fair thing to do (for their sake) and a wise thing to do (for your sake).
Depending on how your website is built, this can be quite a hassle – to go into your site’s administration area, try to find all the links pointing to that specific other site and then removing them.
What if you had a plugin where you could simply say what URL you wanted to delete and it searched your entire site and deleted all instances of that URL?
Luckily, we have a free tool – a WordPress plugin called “Link Removal Tool” – that will do all this for you. I am giving it away free.
Why give it away free? I say “share the love!”
I had this WordPress plugin built for my own use within my company. It cleans out links that are already on my site (‘the past’) and it filters new blog posts, when they are published (‘the present’).
The Link Removal Tool LITE is WordPress.org repository. NOTE the Lite version is limited to only 1 URL and cannot replace, future-schedule or wildcard-clean.
The Pro version (below) is FREE and offers all these benefits.
- You can add unlimited URLs as you want
- Future check. Your site will scan and stop any bad link URLs going onto your site ever again
- Wildcard option. Click here for details
- REPLACE URL option (or delete). Replace with a good URL.
- Centralized URL list option. Apply the same URL rules to any or all of your sites.
So click this button to get the FREE Pro version
IMPORTANT: Before you install this Pro version, FIRST deactivate & delete the ‘Lite’ version, then install the PRO.
Instructions in text are below. For a quick fly-through, watch this video…
You simply install the plugin on your website (or websites – no license restriction here – put it on all your sites if you want), installing as a normal WordPress plugin, in the normal way – Left menu > Plugins > Add New.
Then you’ll see “Link Remover” in the left menu – click that.
To clear out an existing link:
- Type or paste in the URL into the “New keyword/URL” box. It is best to use the root domain, without the “http://” part and without the “www.” part – i.e. only just “domain.com” (without the ” quote marks)
- Select the “URL” radio button option (not the “Keyword” option)
- Click “Add”. At this stage, your site still has the previous links on it, but it will not be able to add a link to that domain.com in new posts.
- Click “Clear all posts”.
NEW: “Replace” option
Now you can find and replace any specific URL with another URL.
Maybe you want to promote a different URL or service – replace all of the old URLs with the new one in about 7 seconds.
NOTE: The * wildcard character can be used if you wan to remove EVERY link in ALL of your posts and pages. This is heavy duty. This effectively wipes the slate clean. You can then deactivate the plugin (or delete the entry with the * by clicking the “delete” link) and add back in any links you want.
How do I use the ‘wildcard’ option?
The wildcard option simply means using the * asterix character instead of specifying a URL. This will then remove ALL hyperlinks from your entire site. This might be what you want if your site has too many outgoing links, for example if you have had auto-content going into your site which has outgoing links in the content.
“I want to use the wildcard option but I still need to keep a small number of links”
The wildcard option will delete every hyperlink in your blog – posts and pages. Understandably, you will probably have pages or posts which have links you want to keep. Here is how to do this
- In your WordPress admin go to left menu > Posts
- Right click on each post which has links you want to keep. Open in NEW window (or tab). This is opening the content WITH the links in.
- Repeat that process for all posts and all PAGES which have links you want to keep
- Use the wildcard option and remove all links in your site. To do this, select “URL” (not “keyword”), put the * character in the URL box and click “Clear all posts”.
- IMPORTANT – Deactivate the free Link Removal Tool plugin
- Go to each open browser window/tab for each post/page you want to keep the links in and SAVE. This will then save back the links
- Reactivate Link Removal Tool plugin
If you want to use the central list option (where all your sites use the same single central list of URLs to clean) then define the URL location of that central file that in the “Settings” page.
If you’re not using the central list option, just make sure the box is empty on the “Settings” page.
If you want to use the central list option, here is the file you need to upload to your central location >> this is the central list file (you need to install the main plugin on each site, then tell each site to use the one single central list)
Bad Link Removal
What this plugin does not do, is get rid of your bad backlinks on other ‘bad’ sites, which link to your own site. To do that a whole different approach and system is needed.
You need to figure out which of your backlinks is ‘bad’ (I’ll show you how in a minute), then contact them as persuasively as possible, getting them to remove the link. It doesnt always work. You need to communicate in the most persuasive, ‘psychologically triggered’ way…
The good news is that we have a FREE package which you can download by clicking this button below – plus you get the step-by-step instructions of how to clear it all up.
To get the Psychologically-powered trigger messages click this button…
Leave a review and INSTANTLY get the "Outsourcing Exposed" book (normally sells for $10 on Amazon) - completely FREE - revealing everything you need to know about outsourcing profitably, including little-known secret strategies.
Let us know what you think of this page and this whole Outsourcing Exposed website. How has it helped you? Give it all the stars in the rating you think it should have, tell us your thoughts, and click the blue button...